However, you can clean the external surfaces of a JBL speaker using a damp cloth or a mild cleaning solution.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to cleaning your JBL speaker safely:
- Washing the Apple AirPods Max ear cups is not recommended by Apple.(Source: Reddit)
- When cleaning the AirPods Max, it’s important to avoid getting any liquid in the earpieces. (Source: Pad and Quill)
- Harsh cleaning chemicals and abrasive materials should not be used on the AirPods Max ear cups. (Source: Pad and Quill)
- It’s advisable to use a soft, dry, lint-free cloth to clean the AirPods Max ear cups. (Source: Pad and Quill)
- Apple provides guidelines on how to clean the ear cushions and headband separately. (Source: Pad and Quill)
Some JBL speakers have a removable front
Here’s a video showing you how to remove the front for cleaning.
Once the front cover is removed, you can clean it with soap and water though be careful not to scrub too hard as you could damage the paint.
Then use a soft bristle brush to gently remove the dust from teh delicate speaker parts. Wait till the cover is COMPLETELY dry before reassembling.