Most safety vests are made from durable materials that withstand machine washing and drying.
Hand washing is recommended as it will reduce color fade. Machine washing is also an option; however, it must be done on a very gentle cycle at a low temperature.
Do’s and don’t when washing a safety vest
How to hand wash a safety vest
1. Fill a sink or basin with cool water and add a mild detergent.
2. Submerge the vest in the soapy water and agitate gently to remove dirt and debris.
3. Rinse thoroughly with clean, cool water to remove all traces of detergent from the fabric.
4. Lay the vest out flat on a clean towel and blot it with another towel to remove excess water.
5. Hang the vest in a well-ventilated area to air dry completely before wearing it again.
How to machine wash a safety vest
1. Turn the vest inside out and place it in the washing machine on a gentle cycle.
2. Use only a mild detergent, and avoid using fabric softener or bleach, as these can damage the vest’s reflective tape and other features.
3. Run the machine on its coldest setting to reduce fading and discoloration of materials.
4. Remove from the washer promptly when finished, and hang dry in a well-ventilated area before wearing again.