Why not wash your clothes in the dishwasher?
Here is a list of all the reasons why you should not wash clothes in a dishwasher:
- Damage to delicate fabrics: The high temperatures and strong detergents used in dishwashers can damage delicate fabrics like silk, lace, and wool.
- Fading or bleeding of colors: The heat and water pressure in dishwashers can cause colors to fade or bleed, ruining your clothes.
- Not designed for clothes: Dishwashers are designed to clean dishes and utensils, not clothing. They do not have the proper features to clean clothes effectively.
- Risk of flooding: Dishwashers are not designed to handle the amount of water required for washing clothes. This can cause flooding or damage to the dishwasher.
- Risk of damage to the dishwasher: Washing clothes in a dishwasher can cause damage to the appliance, leading to costly repairs or replacement.
- Ineffective cleaning: Clothes may not be effectively cleaned in a dishwasher as they are not designed to handle the different types of stains and soils that clothes may have.
- Hygiene concerns: There may be hygiene concerns from washing clothes in a dishwasher where bacteria from food residue may be present.