No, it is not recommended to wash dishes with bleach as it can be harmful if not used correctly. Bleach is a strong disinfectant that can kill germs and bacteria, but it can also cause skin irritation, respiratory problems, and even chemical burns if it comes in contact with your skin or eyes.
If you need to disinfect dishes, there are other safer and more effective methods, such as using hot water and soap, or soaking the dishes in a solution of vinegar and water. You can also use a dishwasher with a high-temperature cycle to kill germs and bacteria.
It is important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions when using bleach and to wear protective gloves and goggles to avoid any accidents. Additionally, you should never mix bleach with other cleaning products as this can produce harmful fumes.
It is important to never mix bleach and dish soap (including Dawn) as this combination can produce harmful and potentially deadly fumes. When bleach and dish soap are mixed together, they create a toxic gas called chloramine, which can cause severe respiratory problems, eye irritation, and even death.
This is because bleach contains sodium hypochlorite, while dish soap contains ammonia or amines in some cases. When these two chemicals are mixed, they create a chemical reaction that releases toxic gas.
To avoid any accidents, always use bleach and dish soap separately and according to their instructions. If you accidentally mix these two substances, leave the area immediately and ventilate it by opening windows or using a fan. Seek medical attention immediately if you experience symptoms such as difficulty breathing, coughing, or eye irritation.