Yes, you can wash an eyeglass cleaner cloth. In fact, it is recommended to wash the cloth regularly to keep it clean and free from dirt and debris that can scratch your lenses.
Dos and don’t of washing eyeglass cleaner cloth
- Hand wash the cloth using warm water and mild detergent
- Gently rub the cloth to remove dirt and debris
- Rinse the cloth thoroughly to remove all soap
- Hang the cloth to air dry
- Wash the cloth separately from other clothes
- Wash the cloth regularly to keep it clean and effective
- Do not use bleach or fabric softeners when washing the cloth
- Do not put the cloth in the dryer or use high heat to dry it
- Do not wash the cloth with other clothes or fabrics that may leave lint or debris on the cloth
- Do not use the cloth if it is heavily soiled or has any abrasive particles on it that may scratch your lenses.
5 step guide to washing eyeglass cleaner cloth
Fill a clean sink or basin with warm water and add a small amount of mild detergent. Swirl the water to create suds.
Place the eyeglass cleaner cloth into the sink or basin and gently agitate it to allow the detergent to penetrate the fibers. Be careful not to rub too hard, as this can damage the cloth.
Rinse the cloth thoroughly under running water to remove all soap residue. Make sure to rinse out all the suds, as any leftover detergent can leave a residue on the cloth.
Wring out the excess water from the cloth, being careful not to wring it too hard as this can damage the fibers.
Hang the eyeglass cleaner cloth to air dry. Do not put it in the dryer, as high heat can damage the fibers. Once it is completely dry, fold or roll it up and store it in a clean, dry place until you need to use it again.
Final thoughts 💭
Washing your eyeglass cleaner cloth is a simple and important task that can help to ensure that your eyeglasses remain clean and free from scratches. By following the dos and don’ts of washing, you can ensure that you are taking the proper steps to keep your cloth clean and effective.
By following the five-step guide outlined above, you can easily wash your eyeglass cleaner cloth and keep it in good condition for regular use. Remember to wash your cloth regularly to keep it clean and effective at cleaning your lenses.