Instead, follow these steps for cleaning your UGGs:
- Gently brush the surface of the boots with a soft suede brush to remove any loose dirt or debris.
- Moisten a clean, soft sponge or cloth with cold water and a small amount of gentle, non-enzyme detergent (specifically designed for sheepskin or suede). Avoid soaking the boots.
- Gently rub the damp sponge or cloth over the dirty areas of the boots, using a circular motion. Be cautious not to scrub too hard or saturate the material.
- Rinse the sponge or cloth with clean water, and remove any excess soap from the boots by gently dabbing the surface.
- Stuff the boots with paper towels or clean, dry cloths to help maintain their shape while they air dry.
- Avoid direct sunlight or heat sources, as this can cause the boots to shrink or fade.Once the boots are completely dry, gently brush them with a soft suede brush to restore the nap.
For UGGs made of materials other than sheepskin, refer to the care instructions provided by the manufacturer.